Monday, September 08, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 8, "Carefree"



Carefree, 6x6in. Oil on linen/panel. Available
Painted En Plein Air in MacLellan's Brook, Nova Scotia.

Available Here


Carefree

It is a gorgeous August morning. Crisp in the early morning and warmer as the hours progressed. A play of light zigzagged before me as the morning sun continued to rise. Dry grasses woven with mauves, yellows and greens swayed within intermittent breezes. 

A display of airborne life prevailed today. A delicate hummingbird hovered close by. Butterflies dipped and dived; while bits of dry fluff floated about. Bees went about their business collecting nectar for future gifts. Carefree, nature hummed along allowing her participant  to quietly follow her lead. 

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©



I painted this one a bit ahead of September in MacLellan's Brook and did a few small tweaks once September arrived. My written reflections are written on location after I finish my painting. This is a natural process in my work--never forced. I just allow my experience to intuitively lead the way for both painting and writing. 

I thoroughly enjoyed myself the day I painted this one. It was soooo peaceful and everything seemed to be airborne that day. I wrote a post regarding this on my other blog--Small Pauses. 

Wishing you a beautiful day!

Warmly,
Debbie



P.S. Please feel free to comment or join in the challenge if you are an artist! 



Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments