Wednesday, September 24, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 23, "Color Parade"


Color Parade, 4x4in. Oil on linen/board.
Painted En Plein Air in MacLellan's Brook, Nova Scotia.


Available Here


Color Parade

"With one last procession, nature's color parade, marches into autumn."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©



As the month progresses, green foliage has continuously changed into an array of colors. Reds, oranges and yellows are becoming the predominate colors; replacing summer greens. I love how the light makes the leaves appear translucent. Leaves are beginning to float in the air on windy days; while, deep blue skies serve as a wonderful backdrop for nature's brilliant colors. 

MacLellan's Brook is one of my favorite places to paint. This space made me feel  like I had been tucked away in a room within the woods. It reminded me of the spaces we use to seek out as children. They were magical little spots, where we thought no one could find us. We thought they belonged to our own private world. 

I hope you are getting a chance to enjoy quiet spaces whether in your home or nature! Everyone needs to create their own private world; if only for a short while.

Warmly,
Debbie




Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments