Saturday, September 20, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 19, "Adorned"


Adorned, 3x3in. Oil on linen/board. Painted Alla Prima 


Available Here


Adorned

"Adorned with touches of fuchsia, small zinnias brighten summer gardens. "

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©



My mom ordered these from Vesey's Seeds Company and my dad did his magic and grew them from seed. They are such a cheerful little flower that looked really nice in amongst my pansies and violas. They are called Zahara Starlight Rose Zinnias; a different type of zinnia than we were use to growing in our gardens. 

Although annuals are more work than perennials, it is nice to have them scattered about in my flower beds for color. Even though it is getting late in the season, these little flowers are blooming happily.

Warmly,
Debbie



Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments