Sunday, September 21, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 20, "On Its Way"

On Its Way, 3x2in. Oil on linen/board.
Painted En Plein Air in Plymouth, Nova Scotia.

Available Here


On Its Way

"Autumn is on its way, weaving bits of color into the last of summer greens. "

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


I enjoy sitting out in my screen tent in the morning as summer comes to an end. The light is really pretty and enough light comes into the tent to make it warm. The tent is on a wooden platform so it is more like a doorstep. While I was sitting with my tea, I took note of the light on the trees and bits of color in the leaves just beyond the tent. Yes, I thought this would be my subject for the day.  

The realization that fall was definitely on its way really struck me. I am in disbelief--where did the summer go?! I like the fall with its gorgeous color, as long as the weather stays warmer so that it is more pleasant to paint on location. 

My Persian cat "Marlee" came to visit while I was painting. She likes to nose around both in and outside the tent. She is good company and makes me laugh. This is a very small format for this particular subject, but in the end it seemed to work. 

A photo of Marlee in my indoor studio on the ledge. She jumps up here!


Hoping you are finding quiet times in your day to notice and take pleasure in your surroundings!

Warmly,
Debbie





Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments