Wednesday, September 10, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 10, "Gardener's Delight"


Gardener's Delight, 3x3in. Oil on linen/board
Painted En Plein Air in Plymouth, Nova Scotia.


Available Here


Gardener's Delight

"With their brilliant red hue, geraniums are a gardeners delight. "

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


I love red geraniums in black containers or in window boxes. They are such a showy flower and abundantly bloom into the fall. My subject was a section of geraniums from one of my planters in the front of our home. 

I belong to an online drawing group and in August our challenge was to draw botanicals from life. I really enjoyed drawing plants outside around our grounds and often from my back doorstep. One of the plants I sketched was geraniums. I found this experience with geraniums heightened my painting experience with them as I had already explored their structure and color. It made me realize how valuable short sessions of drawing practice can be. It is a subtle advantage that if done regularly it applies to one's overall work. 

What do you like to do with red geraniums? 

Wishing you a Wonderful Day!

Warmly,
Debbie




P.S. Please feel free to comment or join in the challenge if you are an artist! 



Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments