Thursday, September 25, 2014

30 in 30 Challenge, Day 24, "Spiky Attraction"


Spiky Attraction, 3x2in. Oil on linen/board.
Painted from life-Alla Prima


Available Here


Spiky Attraction


"Scattered about in tall grasses, thistles attract a variety of winged friends. "

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


I picked this thistle alongside the road, while I was on my walk one morning. Although a weed, thistles add charm with their violet color and ability to attract all sorts of winged pollinators. I like how carefree they look as they dance about in the breeze. 

I have enjoyed using a variety of weeds and flowers still in bloom as my subjects before the frost nips their beauty. They have kept me busy this past month. My near future plans are to paint studies to paint larger works this winter. The leaves are becoming really beautiful now and will reach their peak very soon. I am looking forward to capturing autumn`s beautiful colors before they begin to fade. 

Well I`m off to paint another one! Nearing the end of the 30 in 30 day painting challenge!

Warmly,
Debbie



Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments