Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Coming to Life!




Available Here

Coming to Life

After a harsh winter, mother nature is finally coming to life. Oh how I have missed the sounds of nature and fresh greens. New leaves rustle gently in the warm breeze, while birds sing their songs of praise. 

An elegant birch has weathered winter's woes. It stretches its branches beyond its core. Happily, it sways in the airy space, as it births new foliage. 

There is an easy flow in the park. One that slows down man-made time and envelops the viewers spirit. Nothing else matters---only a present moment. Mind chatter fades into the distance. 

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald
Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia.


This was the first plein air painting of the season I did when Spring arrived.  It was so thrilling to finally have fine weather and be back out on location. I love being alone in the park. I can feel every sinew of my body relax. 

I noticed I was slower painting during this session, as I warmed up to painting on location again. Painting outdoors has a rhythm of its own. In some ways its like a moving target. lol The light changes, movement occurs and decisions must be made in a timely manner. However, I love the feeling of having all my senses engaged. It is a bit like a dance--joyful and with spontaneity. 

This was my first Spring to be working at my art full time since I retired last year.  It is thrilling to be able to observe and enjoy nature on a daily basis!

Warmly,
Debbie  


If you are interested, here is a link to my newest post on my blog Creative Rituals. Thanks!


Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!

New! I am now on Instagram! I would love to connect with you there as well. Thanks!
Fine Art Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments