Thursday, June 25, 2015

Surprise Bloom


Surprise Bloom, 3x3in. Oil on linen/board. Painted from life in my studio.


Available Here



Surprise Bloom

"After many months of greenery, a miniature orchid brings delight with one surprise bloom!"

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald 


This is a miniature orchid that was given to me by one of my students, when I retired last year. I had been admiring these little orchids for quite some time, so it was really nice to receive one as a gift. 


In the beginning it had a couple of blooms that lasted for awhile. Then all went green! I really wasn't sure if it was ever going to bloom again. At Christmas time I placed it in our bathroom and voila after a few weeks a tiny bud arrived. I guess it liked the humidity in that room!



The bloom arrived in the midst of winter, so it was even more delightful to witness. Finally, I acted quickly and decided to paint it this time before all went green again. lol I'm going to keep it around to see if I might have another surprise bloom in the future. 

Warmly,
Debbie

P.S. If you would like to read my earlier entry on my Creative Rituals Blog you can do so here. 




Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments