Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bursts of Sunshine!

Bursts of Sunshine! 5x5in. Oil on linen/board.

Available Here



Bursts of Sunshine!

"Like bursts of sunshine, daffodils announce the arrival of new beginnings. "

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald


A few weeks ago when I was yearning to see fresh blooms and greenery, I spotted these miniature daffodils in the grocery store. I loved how their bulbs were visible and their happy faces made me smile! I knew from the moment I saw them, they just had to be painted. 



I placed them on my window ledge and painted them from life in my kitchen. I really loved how the back lighting created a dappled and translucent affect on their blooms and leaves. 

I also took this photo of the daffodils from outside--thought it was neat to look at them from the outside in!

(If you are interested, you can read my post about these daffodils on my Creative Rituals Blog.)


Fun News!!

A couple of years ago I signed up for a project online where a little ceramic chicken and her entourage were travelling to artists all over the world to paint. Well the Travelling Chicken and her gang finally arrived on my doorstep last Wednesday. They have been enjoying Nova Scotia and I worked for a couple of days completing a miniature painting of T.C.  I will be posting my painting soon--stay tuned! In the meantime you can read my announcement that they arrived on the Travelling Chicken Blog. Enjoy! 

Here are a couple of photos of the crew! 

The little yellow bird lives at my house--the other characters are my visitors.

Frolicking in my backyard!

It is such a thrill to finally be enjoying some warmer weather!
My next post will feature The Travelling Chicken. 

Warmly,
Debbie




Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments