Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Winter Offerings

Winter Offerings, 4x4in. Oil on linen/board. Available 



Available Here


Winter Offerings



"In the depth of winter, mother nature continues to present her offerings."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


This was another tiny bottle my mom bought for me at a local flea market. I loved its size and shape. I picked the fir sprig and rose hips while I was on my walk. Although sparse, still life subjects can still be found in nature during this cold season. I have to admit though, I am dreaming of days when the land will be filled with blooms and lushness again!

This was a different background color for me. At first I wasn't quite sure if I was going to like it, but once I started painting the fir and rose hips it seemed to make them pop. The warm tones against the cool seemed to be a nice combination.

Here are a couple of  photos of my studio set up and work in progress.





I have been spending some cozy time in my studio these days. Between winter storms and frigid days, it is a nice place to escape the reality of winter. I have begun to work on a larger painting that I started awhile ago, but didn't get to finish. It sure is a change going from a 4x4in. to 24x12in. surface. Wink, wink. It is enjoyable to get lost in a larger format again though.

Here is an in progress shot showing my reference material, plein air painting, digitals and also my color notes written on location. The location is Powell's Pt. Park--one of my favorite places to paint.



You can join me on Facebook where I often post in progress updates. 

Wishing you a Wonderful Day! 

Warmly,
Debbie




Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments