Sunday, February 01, 2015

Orange & Plump


Orange & Plump, 3x3in. Oil on linen/board. $65


Available Here



Orange & Plump

"With vibrant color, a plump tangerine sits happily upon a ledge of glass."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©


When I saw this plump tangerine in the grocery store, I knew it had to come home with me. It is not very often we see them in our area with the leaves intact; so I bought two. Of course, the leaves were not really fresh and would not stay on for long. As we shopped I carefully guarded my two prized tangerines.

When we finally reached the check out the cashier was not as gentle as  I was and off went the leaves of one of the tangerines! Now I knew it was up to me to put this one in super safe care. I managed to get "Miss Tangerine" home safe and sound, thus her one last debut occurred in my studio! She was dazzling in the spotlight aimed for her!
All and all I loved painting this plump little lady of orange!


In progress



My subject

I am working on my next Ezine (free newsletter), if you haven't already and would like to subscribe you may do so here. Thanks! 

You can also view all my available miniature paintings in my online shop.
Wishing you a great day!

Warmly,
Debbie





Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments