Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Happy New Year and Little Forelle


Little Forelle, 4x4in. Oil on linen/board. Sold

Little Forelle

"Aglow in red speckles, a little Forelle sits happily on her glass perch."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©



A Very Happy New Year to you!! I hope this year brings much happiness and good health into your life, as well as some pleasant surprises!

When I saw this little Forelle pear in the grocery store, I knew I had to paint it. Loved its size, color and red speckles.  A new collector and friend purchased it as a Christmas gift for a friend I actually went to Teacher's College with, many moons ago. It truly is a small world and more and more I am shown how connected we all are. 

On Christmas Eve we had our yearly family gathering at our house. I prepare a buffet style supper and we all sit down to share,good food, love and laughter. Afterwards we head into the living room for some fun gift sharing. Lots of laughter and gift opening prevails. 

This year my sons totally surprised me with a gift I did not expect in a million years!! They were excited to give it to me and left it to the last gift to be shared. They were armed with a camera and ready to be entertained by my reaction to their big surprise. Well, I am sure I didn't disappoint them with my reaction upon opening their gift. Even as I opened my gift I still was no wiser--usually I am more of a sleuth, but not this time. When I finally realized my gift was a new laptop, I was surprised and thrilled.


The boys teasing me as I open their gift!

Having a good laugh at how the boys pulled off their surprise so well. Ian is giving me a hand getting it out of the box. lol

My Youngest son Tristan loaded this pic to my desktop. It was a delightful surprise!

I showered them with thank yous and delight. My old laptop was becoming so slow loading, it reminded us of a sloth. I was in the process of either ordering a solid state drive or purchasing a new laptop. Something had to give --I was wasting too much time in wait time! Soooo needless to say, my new laptop is much faster and a delight to use!

I have some new ideas I will be exploring in my art this year. I am excited to embark on a full year of my art journey. I love having you travel along with me! Many thanks for all your support. Cheers to a fresh new year!

Warmly,
Debbie



Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments