Thursday, January 23, 2014

Summer Birth

Summer Birth, 3x3in. Oil on linen/panel. Painted En Plein Air in Plymouth, Nova Scotia.


Available Here



Summer Birth

"Birthed from weighted branches, a small apple finds joy in summer's warmth."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald 


I love painting apples. This was a small apple from an old apple tree in our backyard. I was fascinated with how it glowed on our blue tin table. I sat the table on a blue chair, so the apple was definitely in the blue zone! 

My set up outside. The apple was set on a blue tin table which was set on top of a blue chair.

I enjoyed painting this one so much I painted two more miniature apple paintings. I really enjoyed the summer light and how the apples seemed to glow. I'll post the other two paintings soon. Summer seems so long ago. As I am typing up this post a blizzard is raging outside. We are suppose to get up to 30 cm. of snow tonight!

I thought it would also be fun to share a special Christmas gift I received from my brother and sister-in-law. They gave me a beautiful piece of amethyst that is suppose to inspire creativity. I love how it glows with a lit candle behind it.  It has found a home in my studio on my apple green bureau. 

In my next blog post I will be sharing more information about my Fine Art Gift Bags I launched just before Christmas. You can click the link above to have a peek at them.

I hope 2014 is going smoothly for you! 

If you are in a winter season right now, let's visualize an early Spring with all those wonderful lime greens and freshness!

Warmly,
Debbie


P.S. You can view some of my Plein Air Available Paintings Here. 



Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments