Wednesday, January 08, 2014

New Inspired Space/ Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2014!! It is going to be a year of great happenings and new beginnings. It has been awhile since I posted to my blog. Life has been busy, but I'm getting back on track!


I just posted a new "Inspired Space" to my online shop and thought I would share it on my blog as well. I continue to be intrigued with space and how it affects us. I truly believe that fine art can aid in uplifting your space as well. Art evokes emotion and memory, creating a positive mental break. The piece of work featured in my new inspired space photo is titled "My Brother's Sanctuary". It was painted on location over several sessions in my brother's backyard. A wonderfully peaceful and uplifting experience! 


Relish in this intimate space, where conversation flows naturally and steaming cups of your favorite beverage ensue. Fresh greens and bright drapery echo summer's vibrancy and charm. " My Brother's Sanctuary" conjures memories of times spent within nature. Moments of being tucked away beneath apple trees, while our winged friends flutter about. It is a space where you happily relinquish your cares to a world beyond. 

(You can visit the "Inspired Spaces" section of my shop here.)

Featured Painting: "My Brother's Sanctuary," 11x14in. Oil on linen/panel. Painted En Plein Air in McLellan's Mtn. Nova Scotia.



On another note, it is a great time of year to take stock of where we are and the direction we would like to be taking in various areas of our life--career, personal etc. One of the more common practices this time of year is to write New Year's Resolutions. I think they are a good idea in some respects because they help focus our dreams and desires. However, they are sometimes another "thing" to do and fall by the wayside because they do not align with our internal desires, only our "shoulds"! That is why a few years ago I began picking a word of the year that I felt intuitively aligned with where or what I wanted to experience more in my life for the upcoming year. 




You can fine Christine Kane's Word of the Year booklet Here.


 I got this idea from Christine Kane. She also has a great little workbook you can print off to get you started on picking your word. You can find her workbook here. I like to type my word and post it around the house, in my studio etc. Thought you might like to give it a try! Good Luck!


Hoping all your Dreams come True in 2014!!

Warmly,
Debbie

Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments