Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Balance--the elusive one!


Balance, 4x4in. Oil on linen/panel. $75

Available Here


Balance


"With balance, comes a sense of calm and renewal."

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald



Balance is an elusive state we all seem to be in pursuit of in our busy society. Juggling it all seems to be an ongoing process that I continually try to refine. Etching out time to reflect and just enjoying small moments, enables me to catch my breath and escape the whirlwind. I feel so grateful that my painting process provides a joyful interlude and allows me to live in the moment.

One place I love to visit, that I find very soothing and exciting, is the beach. Last summer I collected these flat stones with the intention that I could use them in a small painting to capture a sense of tranquility. Although a bit challenging at times, I really did enjoy capturing these stones in paint. I think I will incorporate them into more meditative still life paintings in the future.

I would love to hear what inspires you and how you take mini retreats from life's busyness as well!

Warmly,

Debbie

P.S. If you are local, you can view some of my work at the Stone Soup Cafe in Pictou, as I am the Featured Artist until about mid April. 



Some Quick Links:
Fine Art Shop
Facebook
Twitter
Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions
Newsletter sign up   (View Recent Newsletter)
Sign up for new blog posts in the side bar on this page. Then enjoy special delivery to your email box!






2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this... beautiful and peaceful...just like balance :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shannon! Yes "balance" is a precious and sought after state. :D

      Delete

Facebook Comments