Friday, November 21, 2014

Just in Time


 Just In Time, 6x6in. Oil on linen/panel.


Available Here



Just in Time

"In late autumn, a small hydrangea was rescued just in time. Spared from strong winds and rain, its beauty shone for awhile longer.

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald  ©


My thoughtful mom called one day just before we were expected to receive quite a bit of rain and wind, to ask if I would like her to cut a few of her blooming hydrangeas. She has beautiful hydrangeas in a variety of colors and sizes. I was so happy she cut them for me when she did, because a few days later they were gone! The wind and rain swept those beautiful blooms away. I loved how they brightened up my kitchen windowsills and studio. 

Mom thought I would like them as subjects for a painting. I decided to paint a smaller one of varied blues, purples and pinks. This painting proved to be a bit of a rascal. Painting the flower went really smoothly and then the trouble began. I had the back leaf and background painted and decided I just wasn't satisfied with them. Sooooo the wipe out began of both the leaf and background! I made the leaf smaller so it didn't overpower the flower and totally changed the background color. 

It just isn't worth keeping something you are not satisfied with, even after investing a large quantity of time. I am happy with the end result now and glad I fiercely wiped out what I didn't like. I hope it brightens your day today!




I have added another Fine Art Gift Bag to my online shop. This one is a Holiday Gift Bag entitled "Visions of Christmas". It would make a wonderful gift for someone special or for yourself to brighten up your home over the holiday season! 


Visions of Christmas Fine Art Gift Bag
Available Here


On Saturday I'm happily travelling to the city for the Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council's Christmas Show. It is a wonderful display put on by many talented artisans! Pottery, wood working, glass jewellery and so much more. Hoping to get some Christmas shopping done there as well. 
Wishing you a Wonderful Weekend!

Warmly,
Debbie


P.S. Here is a pic of my studio helper!


Marlee in action!



Quick Links:


Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments