Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Nature's Whispers


Nature's Whispers, 7x5in. Oil on linen/panel, Painted En Plein Air in Powell's Pt. Park, Nova Scotia.

Available Here


Nature’s Whispers


The park is so calm today. I almost feel like I am in heaven. Not a soul in sight, just the rhythm of paint and brushes in motion. Breezes arise intermittently causing foliage to rustle and sway. Pink roses skip about within the gentle movement. 

A calmness prevails. It is like time has stood still as a meditative state begins. Nature gently cradles the soul with her quiet whispers and beauty.


Debbie Lamey-MacDonald ©

Powell’s Point. Park, Nova Scotia


This was a painting I completed a few weeks ago in the park when the wild rose bushes were in bloom. I am always so thrilled to witness their beauty and never tire of them. My written reflections are written after I complete my painting. I often take a snack and hot tea to drink while I write. I love this reflective time, writing and listening to nature! 

Stay tuned tomorrow for my Plein Air Diary entry that accompanies this piece. 

You can now subscribe to my Inspirational Blog "Small Pauses" if you would like at this link. Thanks!




Quick Links:

Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments