Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Travelling Chicken Project


T.C. Explores! 4x4in. Oil on linen/board. 
On Reserve
( A Collector contacted me to view T.C. shortly after she went up online)


T.C. Explores!

"The Travelling Chicken stops to frolic in the pansies on her visit to Nova Scotia. "

Debbie Lamey-MacDonald


As mentioned in my previous blog post I signed up for the "Travelling Chicken Project" about two years ago. The project features a ceramic chicken and her friends who visit artists all over the world. Once T.C. and her entourage arrive, you have approximately four days to paint her and/or any of the other characters. Since I paint from life, I had to get started on my painting as soon as they arrived!

The artists are making the project more interesting and fun by adding stories about the characters' visits. I really enjoyed painting T.C. and thought it would be fun to keep the idea of painting little ceramic animals with flowers in mind for future subject matter. 

My still life set up of T.C. The pansies weren't as cooperative as T.C. as they liked to shift their positions! T.C. was a very patient model. 

A view of my subject and painting.

You can read my story about T.C.'s visit on the Travelling Chicken blog. If you are interested you can also sign up to participate in the project. There continues to be a long waiting list of interested artists. The receiving artist is responsible for shipping to the next artist on the list. The package is somewhat large as the ceramic animals are wrapped and encased in a Styrofoam box and then placed inside a cardboard box. I shipped T.C. and the gang to Delaware, U.S. 

Hope you enjoy reading and viewing my story on the Travelling Chicken Blog. If you are an artist, feel free to participate in T.C.'s adventures!

Warmly,
Debbie





Imagekind --for reproductions
Fine Art America--for reproductions

Newsletter/Blog Posts sign up--Love to have you join me on my artistic journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments